Knowledgeable Massachusetts DUI/DWI Attorney Protects Drivers’ Rights
Lawyer defending Framingham-area clients against criminal prosecution
Throughout Massachusetts, law enforcement officials have been expanding efforts to crack down on drunk driving offenses. Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. Stephen E. Dawley, P.C. Attorney at Law has the knowledge necessary to overcome the evidence against you, and the ability to help you attain the best possible outcome.
Advocate committed to challenging drunk driving charges
I understand that good people can make mistakes. I strive to satisfy my clients’ emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing your interests at every turn. I am knowledgeable about complex Massachusetts DUI laws, and analyze every aspect of your case — from the initial traffic stop to Breathalyzer tests — to build your defense. I know what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, and I challenge the evidence against you with the skill I have developed over 30 years in the field. I work hard to make sure that you get the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
Counselor advises on what to do if you are stopped
If you have been pulled over by the police, there are several ways that you can help yourself:
- Cooperate with the police. If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Don’t give them that opportunity. Remaining calm and being polite are good ways to ensure that police officers treat you fairly.
- Keep a clean glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be easily misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not consent to a search of your car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction.
- Understand breath test options. Many DUI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test. Also, you may still blow under the legal limit.
- Contact a DWI attorney immediately.
Contact me today for a consultation.
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need a qualified defense attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call Stephen E. Dawley, P.C. Attorney at Law today at 508-271-7569 or contact me online to set up a consultation at my Framingham, Massachusetts office.